The Children’s Upliftment Programme (CUP), which was born to this world, as a result of a thought of Nadee Dissanayake who strongly felt that she should make some worthy contribution towards the betterment of children in need together with few other close associates. This ultimately resulted in the formation of a dedicated team called “CUP TEAM”.
CUP was founded in May 2004 with the primary objective of building up the future of the younger generation of the country. Its scope is further narrowed down by targeting the community which suffered from poverty, lack of attention and guidance.
At the beginning CUP was registered as a charitable organization under the Companies Act No. 1982 and today it is a registered non profit making charity organization under the Ministry of Defence, Sri Lanka. (Reg.No:L-141111)
- Education is the foundation, where people can begin to improve themselves and their communities.
- Today's children are tomorrow's leaders and educating them will have a positive impact on their futures and their community's future.
- All Children have the right to quality education regardless of their economic background.
- All Children have dreams and they desire to fulfill them.
- In leveraging technology, knowledge, and resources to create educational opportunities for Children.
- Making an interest to read and write among children and bring out their inherited talents and creative thoughts.
Conduct literacy programmes to enhance reading and writing interests and abilities and creating opportunities for participation, development and build the image of less fortunate children to become valuable and creative worthy citizens to the society irrespective of their creed, cast, religion and social standing.
Making a change in the lives of less fortunate children to become valuable citizens to the society.
Why is there inadequate quality education in so many places?
Why most of the children do not like reading and writing??
Why children are not getting opportunities to perform their creative talents???
Why children are becoming robots????
- Insufficient number of school buildings especially in remote areas.
- Lack of Qualified Teachers and their unwillingness to work in remote areas.
- Not enough libraries and reading facilities for children
- Insufficient programs to teach the value of education for both parents and children.
- Lack of awareness programmes of the importance of education
- Uneducated parents unable to help educate their children.
- Families unable to afford the cost of transportation and supplies necessary requirements to educate their children.
How you can help! – Three “T” Method
Becoming a member
Becoming a volunteer
Participating on the various events
Providing guidance or knowledge
Organizing fund raising programmes
Making awareness of this charity among your friends
WE VALUE EACH OF YOU!